|Name(s) of Compound
||Lactose, Lactose monohydrate
|Method Report Number
- Preloaded cassette (Cat No 225-1725, SKC Inc.): PTFE membrane filter 1.0 µm pore size in 25 mm 2-piece conductive cassette with porous plastic support
- 25 mm Fluoropore membrane filter 1.0 µm pore size (Cat.No FALP02500, Millipore Co.), placed in cassette filter assembly (Cat No 225-71A, SKC Inc.), and IOM sampler (Cat No 225-70A, SKC Inc.)
|Recommended Minimum Sampling Volume
|Detection Limit of Analytical Method
||2 - 8 °C for 14 days
||On ice, overnight
|Suggested Air Sampling Filter Handling Techniques
- Avoid over-handling of filters as much as possible.
- Always handle filters with clean powder-free gloves on in the manufacturing, packaging, laboratory or other processing areas.
- Keep all filters in sealed plastic “zip lock” bags and use separate bags for clean and used filters. Never put used filters in the clean filter bag. If filter cassettes are dusty (look at the pump casing for evidence), then wipe off the cassettes after capping before placing the used filters into the plastic bag. Use wipes wetted with water or alcohol depending on the solubility of the product.
- Keep filter cassette tips in a separate clean plastic “zip-lock” bag during air monitoring. Reverse tip colors on used filters (red tip on inlet) to distinguish from clean filters (blue tip on inlet). Avoid touching the filter cassette inlet opening and avoid touching the filter cassette tip pointed ends, as much as possible.
- For high sensitivity monitoring, submit a blank to the SafeBridge analytical laboratory that has NOT been opened or had the tips removed.
- Put tips on filters after turning pumps off. Avoid carrying filters without tips in place. Collect at least one filter blank for each monitoring period (day or shift whichever is shorter). A filter blank should be a clean filter with the tips reversed (as if a used filter) and placed in each bag with other used filters.
If you wish to submit a sample, please follow the sample submission procedures found at safebridge.com/laboratory/sample-submission. SafeBridge regularly develops new and custom industrial hygiene air and surface sampling methods. For more information, please call (650) 961-4820.
SafeBridge Consultants, Inc. is the premier occupational health and safety and risk assessment consulting firm to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and fine chemical industry. Learn more at safebridge.com.